I STINK THEREFORE I AM

Friday, January 2, 2009

a new beginning

1-2-09

I hear a lot on the radio about this or that Wall St. entity being too big too fail, the flip side of that is a lot of blokes like me are too small too succeed. so like Sisyphus in Greek mythology who would dare to narc on Zeus, I will be condemned to continually roll a boulder near to the top of hells main toboggan run only to have it roll back down to the bottom. So in 2008 the combined forces of nature and the modern economy essentially knocked my boulder back to the bottom of the hill. So at the age of 50 I have had to drag my sorry ass back down to the bottom of the hill crouch down and grab aholt of that damn boulder again. I guess I shouldn't bitch, I have legs, a good wife, good kids, I can run, I can push the boulder, I just hope I can muster the ambition/enthusiasm for a couple reasonable attempts at the top of the hill before I die (which statistically is in 27 years). I have been up near the top on two or three occasions and do like the view.

This time at there is a low simmering level of excitement though because my new cubicle will be 30 yards long wailing down the freeway at 65 miles an hour. This time me and that rolling stone gonna become friends I ain't agonna fight it no mo.

Anyhow the market value of my services as an automotive design engineer is at this moment in Southeastern Michigan is zero hundred zerody zero thousand dollars and zerody zero cents so I am starting truck driving school on Monday morning January 07 2009. I figure I might as well chronicle the events of my transmogrification from cube dweller to truck driving feller on this web site.

http://vermintales.blogspot.com/

So after 3 months off it is time for me to start moving I have done petted the fur clean offa the dog and all the honey dews been done, time for me to get out the house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have fun at school Vermin